Ramses II and his Time is the sixth book by Velikovsky, and fourth in the Ages in Chaos series, which he describes thus:
- "The thesis presented and evidenced in this volume is that the so-called Hittite Empire, dubbed the Forgotten Empire because it was supposedly discovered less than one hundred years ago, is nothing but the kingdom of the Chaldeans; further, that the pictographic script found on monuments from the western shores of Asia Minor to Babylon, but mainly in central and eastern Anatolia and northern Syria, is most probably the Chaldean script. The "Hittite" emperors are alter egos of the great kings of the Chaldean Dynasty of Babylon. Thus the "Hittite Empire" in its most exalted period, the placement of which in the fourteenth and thirteenth centuries before the present era has caused innumerable difficulties and led to much consternation among archaeologists, vanishes after having "lived" in books and articles for more than a century."
- Chapter I: THE BATTLE OF KADESH-CABCHEMISH
- Who Was Pharaoh Necho, the Adversary o£ Nebuchadnezzar? . The Early Campaign of Ramses II . Tell Nebi-Mend . The Army of Ramses II . The Battle of Kadesh-Carchemish . The Fortress of Carchemish . The Plan of the Battle . Carchemish, the Sacred City .
- Chapter II: RAMSES II AND NEBUCHADNEZZAR IN WAR AND PEACE
- Palestine's Three-Year Revolt and the Capture of Ashkelon . The End of the Kingdom of Judah . The Lachish Conflagration . Treaty Between Ramses II and Nebuchadnezzar . Events of the War in the Scriptures and in the Inscriptions of Ramses II Compared .
- Chapter III: THE TOMB OF KING AHIRAM
- The Speedy Scribe . The Tomb of Ahiram . The Inscriptions of Ahiram and the Origin of the Alphabet . Ithobaal, Son of Ahiram . "A Curious Fact" . A Recapitulation .
- Chapter IV: THE "FORGOTTEN EMPIRE"
- Pictographic Script and the Cuneiform Archive of the "Hittites" . Mursilis the "Hittite" and Nabopolassar the Chaldean . Names and Surnames. Nabopolassar Becomes an Invalid . The Order of Succession to the Throne of Babylon .
- Chapter V: THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF NEBUCHADNEZZAR
- Climbing the Throne . The Personality of Nebuchadnezzar . Changing History .
- Chapter VI: THE "FORGOTTEN EMPIRE": TESTIMONY OF ART
- Yazilikaya: "The Inscribed Rock" . Archaeology and "Hittite" Monuments . "In the Deepest Darkness" . Gordion . The Dark Age of Anatolia . The "Gold Tomb" of Carchemish . The Herald's Wall . The Syrian City States . The Lion Gate of Malatya . "The Land of Their Nativity" . The Secret Script of the Chaldeans . A Dagger and a Coin . Mitanni .
- Chapter VII: EXODUS OR EXILE
- Nebuchadnezzar Visits Ramses II . The Brick Kiln of Tahpanheth . Ramses' Marriage . The Israel Stele of Merneptah and the Lamentations of Jeremiah . The Libyan Campaign . The Persian Conquest of Chaldea and Egypt .
- EPILOGUE: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Tanis and Saïs . How Long Did Seti and Ramses II Reign? . Two Suppiluliumas . Bronze and Iron . Scarabs and Stratigraphy . Retrospect .
SYNCHRONICAL TABLES INDEX
- ↑ Immanuel Velikovsky, Ramses II and his Time, Another Volume in the Ages in Chaos Series, 1978, Doubleday & Company, Garden City, New York, ISBN: 0-385-033494-X