Warner B. Sizemore in 2008
Warner B. Sizemore (b. Oct 23, 1925 d. Apr 11, 2017 Albuquerque) (M.A., Temple Univ., B.D., Lincoln University, N.D., The International University of Naturopathic Sciences), is a retired Professor of Religion at Glassboro State College (now Rowan University), and was Executive Editor of Kronos. Together with Dr Robert H. Hewsen, and Prof. Lewis M. Greenberg, they established the Center for Velikovskian and Interdisciplinary Studies in March 1975, affiliated to the Department of History at Glassboro.
Association with Velikovsky
Sizemore summarises his association with Velikovsky in an article "A Personal Memoir", published in Aeon in Nov 1992. He first heard of Velikovsky around fives years after the publication of Worlds in Collision, began corresponding with him, followed by visits to Velikovsky's home in Princeton, whereupon a lifelong friendship developed.
Co-publisher of Kronos
After Dave and Steve Talbott produced ten issues of their magazine Pensée, in 1975, Professor Lewis Greenberg and Sizemore began to publish Kronos. He notes that:
- "Velikovsky, at times, contributed articles to both these publications; often articles from unpublished volumes too long delayed. I hasten to add that Velikovsky was not always easy to work with, as the editors of both journals will readily attest. If he did not like an article or some editorial policy he was very uncooperative."
- "Warner graduated from East Tennessee State University and Bob Jones University where he met his wife, and eventually went on to be ordained as a Presbyterian minister, serving for many years at the East Whiteland- now Covenant -Presbyterian Church in Malvern, PA. In the mid-1960’s, he left the ministry to move to the Princeton, NJ, area, and become an assistant to Immanuel Velikovsky, the controversial author of Worlds in Collision. He retired as an associate professor of World Religions at Glassboro State College- now Rowan University- in Glassboro, New Jersey."
- "Cosmology And Psychology", Lewis M. Greenberg and Warner B. Sizemore, Kronos, vol.I No.1 (Spring 1975)
- "Schizophrenia and the Fear of World Destruction", Lewis M. Greenberg and Warner B. Sizemore, Kronos, vol.I No.1 (Spring 1975)
- "Velikovsky, Brasseur, And The Troano Codex", John Myers and Warner B. Sizemore, Kronos, vol.I No.1 (Spring 1975)
- "Saturn And Genesis", Lewis M. Greenberg and Warner B. Sizemore, Kronos, vol.I No.3 (Fall 1975)
- "Jerusalem -- City of Venus", Lewis M. Greenberg and Warner B. Sizemore, Kronos, vol.III No.3 (Fall 1975)
- "A Personal Memoir", Aeon III:1 (Nov 1992)
- ↑ a b "Obituary: Warner Brandon Sizemore", Johnson City Press, Apr 11, 2017, retrieved 15 April 2017
- ↑ Warner B. Sizemore, "A Personal Memoir", Aeon III:1 (Nov 1992)
- ↑ Op cit.